Our Bundle of Joy – Love Life…That’s the tagline that greeted me upon checking CatlinaFlyBaby blog for this review. The tagline is written on a pretty header decorated with the owner’s little baby.
The owner used a template style by TheCutestBloginTheBlock.com. The blog layout is a 2-columned with one sidebar on the left and content page on the right. On the sidebar, you can find nuffnang ads, search form, some banners, some information about the owner, facebook badge, a shoutbox, label cloud, top commentators, link to favorite blogs, recent comments, flicker, follower widget, blog archives and her tummy pictures during pregnancy.
The layout being used is green floral for the background and black text on white for the content. The choice of colors are really easy to the eyes for reading.
Content wise, the owner seems to update her blog regularly. The owner writes mostly about her baby, family, photography and anything that relates to her life. Most blog posts are accompanied by relevant pictures which is a good point for a blog.
I’m giving this blog 3 star rating out of 5. This blog gets above average for content and activity while uniqueness, appearance and navigation scores an average.
- Content 0.8
- Uniqueness 0.6
- Activity 0.8
- Appearance 0.6
- Navigation 0.6
Here’s a suggestion of thing that I think the ownner could do.
- The owner could consider using a 3-columned template intead of 2-columned. Because she will have two sidebars with more spaces to put all the widgets, banners etc that currently taking up the spaces on the only sidebar on the left.
- Comment to include “Anyone – includes Anonymous User’”. This will allows anyone without a blog to make a comment. And, anyone with own blog domain like myself would feel very welcome to leave a comment too as I can leave my blog URL directly instead of having to login to Google account or Open ID for that purpose.
- To improve the navigation further, the owner could consider moving up the archive and label widget further up to the top of the sidebar. This will make browsing through her blog easier. Especially if the reader is looking for older posts.
- For the pictures, I would suggest the owner to consider adding watermark/copyright stamp to discourage people from stealing/using the pictures.
- To improve the content and uniqueness, the owner could consider adding more useful contents on subjects that she knows best. Perhaps, more information on cloth diapering and breastfeeding from her own experiences?
That’s all my review on CatlinaFlyBaby! What do you think about this blog? Leave constructive comments here for Catlina.
And, to Catlina, keep up all the good work and happy blogging!